7.25.2004

kitty anxiety

just got home from my day and half excursion in the city. i had fun, but i left the city late this evening so that i could get back to haiku, my kitty.

i just got her a couple of weeks ago, and i felt guilty about leaving her alone for a full day by herself. i left plenty of food for her, a clean litterbox and fresh water, but i still felt so guilty -- what kind of mother leaves their child to their own devices for a day and half just so that they can party and have fun?

so i rushed home, risked being jumped in the bronx at 11 pm on a saturday night or while walking to my car in long island and 1 in the morning, just so that i could make sure my dear, sweet haiku was ok. and, big surprise, she was. very happy to see me, but ok. :)


i'm also pretty psyched b/c i got my first cd from my cd from my cd buying binge on wednesday at half.com and ebay -- a 2-cd set of aretha frankin's greatest hits. i didn't expect to get it so soon, as half.com takes forever and a day, but i forgot that ebay is pretty speedy. i lost my entire cd collection a year ago, and i'm just getting to the point where i can afford to start replacing all my cds. one cd, 100 to go. :)

tomorrow (or later today, rather) is cooking day. i'll possibly be working on my new layout for my blog too, we'll see how the day goes.