1.06.2005

she's back

sid slowly dragged me back online.

as evidenced by the last two posts, i've been feeling, for lack of better word, blah, lately. january is usually my least favorite month of the year -- it's after the holidays, winter truly sets in (with two more months of coldness ahead), with the sun making chance appearances while it's cold as all holy hell outside (my hell is cold, damn it). i hate winter, especially since i am now officially a grown up and will never have a snow day again. add to that the crappy mood at work, what with people leaving and the thin, dumb, crappy product we're putting out lately, and i haven't been in the mood to really type anything. or read many blogs, for that matter.
oh yeah. and i also didn't win aroundthewaygirl's contest. i wanted my own domain. poo.

at the same time, i've renewed my quest to do my own template for this blog thingy, which has been vaguely unsuccessful, altho i have not given up hope yet.

in typical maryann fashion, some random tidbits:
  • -- i heart gmail. i just discovered a new feature on my gmail this morning -- when i select an address out of contacts, it shows all the emails i've sent to that person or had sent to me from that person. ::sigh.:: i want to run away with gmail, marry it and have thousands of its babies.
    -- sid should get public congratulations of her new arrival. :D
    -- i've gotta get back in the gym. i fell off the fitness wagon, hard and after watching super size me last night, i feel bad. i'm not eating fast food (especially mcdonald's) any more. i swear. i mean, i know i said the same thing after reading fast food nation, but i mean it this time.
    ::gives most sincere look possible::
    okay, don't beat me if i rescind on this, but 22 years of mcd's brainwashing is hard to conquer.