9.27.2004

maryann update

suckage on maryann's budget reform.
i went to the grocery store yesterday and bought much more than essentials. i rationalized my behavior by saying it fits in my new budget ($50/week for groceries) and i also used coupons. but so much for eating everything in my house first.
i also violated the terms of both my blog budget plan and my "new" budget plan as far as entertainment is concerned -- i bought a cd friday and 2 dvds this morning.
i have a problem. i need to block all media websites until i have a stockpile of money.
i mean, i am in no form or fashion destitute; i have money in a couple other accounts. but i'm trying to learn how to live on a set amount of money and wick away money from that set amount while i'm at it. and i'm soooo sucking at it right now. i have no self control.
....and speaking of lack of self control, i've decided to burn the yoga/pilates dvd (or "yoagalates," as the annoying instructor calls it) i bought a couple of weeks ago, as
(a) i can't take the instructor seriously
(b) the instructor instructs me to do things that i don't understand
(c) i don't feel like i'm doing anything productive, as the instructor is vapid and gives me instructions to do things i don't understand and therefore don't do.
i've had my first lesson in quality, not quantity (as in the quantity of money i have to pay for it) is sometimes better. i'm just mad that i spent money on some bama-ass exercise bands in the process.
i've now bought a yoga dvd that comes highly recommended and will still tone and strengthen my body.