9.07.2004

i feel blue.

my girlfriend left yesterday.

the first two days are always hard after she leaves. there are always little reminders of her about the apartment(her towel hanging on my bathroom door, her toothbrush, the fan she placed at the window to "improve circulation") and my bed is suddenly too big for just me.

as a result, i am reduced to a pathetic mess, tearing up at seeing her wash cloth hanging in the shower, searching for her smell in her pillow and generally seeking out haiku to give me comfort. every time she leaves, my general state of sadness makes me think of rachel's voice in the friends episode where ross announces he's getting married to emily. therefore the title. there's so much melancholy in that one phrase ("i feel blue") that i completely relate to.

i feel like such a punk. how can one person affect me so deeply? i should be over this crap anyway...it's been almost 2 years with this girl.