11.16.2004

so... i'm starting the scarf over.

if you've been paying attention, (or if you scroll back to the last entry), you'll notice that the second block of brown on my scarf was starting to taper. after taking the brown block apart, i was unable to fix my problem, as i realized my stitches were wrong. so, i decided to start over.

so what to do with the quarter of a scarf i already made?

it became a poncho for haiku, my kitty, the ku-ster!

here's a brief photo essay on the ku's adventures with her cat poncho. enjoy:


attempt number 1. Posted by Hello


attempt number 2 (aka artsy model shot). Posted by Hello


yay! the cat poncho is successfully on! Posted by Hello



haiku refuses to be a slave to fashion and tries to take off the poncho. Posted by Hello


and the ku strips. Posted by Hello


i know i'm probably going to go to hell for taking advantage of my cat like this. but hey, my mom made me wear knee socks when i was little, and i hated knee socks. and corduroy. so the cat poncho will be haiku's knee socks.