11.18.2004

freaked

i went and got my physical last wednesday, the first i one i've had for at least 8 years. it went along routine, doc said it was good that i was starting to exercise, given my family's medical history (heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes...anything other than cancer and my family prolly has it), took my blood and an EKG, and i was on my way.

well, i got back the results of my blood test today. nothing like a cholesterol count of 240 to bring a good mood to a screeching halt.

i'm kind of not surprised, but i'm still freaked out. as a whole, i really don't eat that much stuff high in cholesterol. i have been wilding out on the eggs, butter and bacon lately, so i know i'll cut that out, but will that and exercise for 30 minutes every day really lower my cholesterol? i'm also not exactly stoked at the idea of going back to margarine from real butter and actually counting calories and saturated fats and what not ...

but i guess those things are minor compared to not having a heart attack at 30.