12.12.2004

weekend wrap up

i just took this quiz that was up on sid's blog, which she got from saffron:
You are a double espresso at 3 AM.
You are a double espresso at three AM.

You are the tortured, nail-biting essence of
coffee. You see visions. You could change the
world if only you were up at the same time as
everyone else. You have created a programming
language that throws errors if the code is not
written in iambic pentameter, and you are
infuriated by the typos in the new edition of
Ulysses. You practice sarcasm as a
form of tantric sex, and your cats have
doctorates. You believe in virgin sacrifice in
a good cause.


What kind of coffee are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

in other news, the mominator came up this weekend, with my cousin. i had such big plans, we would go shopping, paint nyc red and cook a fabulous dinner which we would enjoy with my friends and everyone would applaud my culinary prowess.

weeeelll, it didn't quite work out that way.

the shopping turned out to be fantastic. thanks to my levely newspaper job, we found out some cool out-of-the-way places that offered great deals and my mom got allll of her christmas shopping in two days. it was great.
as for painting nyc red? well, we missed the lirr train looking for a parking spaced and had to wait 30 minutes in the cold to catch the next train. we got to the city (it was my cousin's first time in the city, so we had to do it up) went to rockefeller center, happened upon the saks fifth avenue snowflake show (which was very, very cool), took a picture of my cousin in front of nbc, and caught a cab to go catch whoopi's show on broadway. found the theatre, was an hour ahead of time (more for my mom's benefit, who happens to be a worry wart) and breezed into the lobby to get tickets.
the couple ahead of me was talking about a cancelled show. when they got to the window, the woman huffed, "so, what can we do?" i figured they were trying to get tickets to tonight's show b/c a previous show was cancelled. they took care of their affairs, and went on their way. i then went to the ticket man and gave him my name. he then handed me a receipt and said, "it's already beeen charged to your account."
...why did it take me until we got outside (as i wondered why i only had a receipt and no tickets) to realize that our show was cancelled?!
stankin whoopi.
my mom and cousin drove alllll the way up here from virginia to see whoopi, and she stood them up.
stankin whoopi.

at any rate, we wandered around times square (my cousin took tons of pictures), we ended up eating at ollie's (after an ominous looking man at carmine's said they were only taking people who had reservations), where my cousin and i got sloshed while my mom shook her head. my mom got swindled into buying a diantetics book, and a good time was had by all.

sunday, my mom bought me groceries and christmas stuff for my house (incl. lights and a tree), and i nearly burned down my balcony grilling salmon (but it turned out good...) and she finished off her christmas shopping.

the lesson of this weekend?
one absent whoopi don't stop no show.

so take that whoopi!!