12.17.2004

avoiding painful death

so, i'm sitting at work, trying to avoid doing work, but i didn't feel like posting on the things i've been meaning to post (hair dresser rantage, women and minorities in the media) b/c i'm feeling too lazy. so during my usual trolling of my favorite blogs, i came upon this. and since i was commanded to repeat my own version on my own blog or risk a painful death, here it is:

Three names you go by:
1. m
2. mj
3. phareezy (that's my professional name...sike!:D)

Three screen names you have:
1. evrybodylvslola
2. prplegyrl (old, old, aol name that i never use now)
3. missjames (do email prefixes count?)

Three things you like about yourself :
1. my intelligence
2. my goofiness
3. my booty (i must say that i do have quite a spectacular ass)

Three things you hate/dislike about yourself:
1. my tendency to procrastinate (see previous entry)
2. my shyness
3. my compulsion to please others

Three parts of your heritage:
1. black
2. white (given the number of light-complected people in my family -- myself included -- there's gotta be some white folks in the wood pile. in fact most of my family is so light that i didn't know i was light-skinned until i went to high school. (i'm the color of a cup of cafe au lait))
3. spanish? (if i remember correctly from my uncle's genealogical pursuits, way back when, we had roots in spain. don't ask me where that came from.)

Three things that scare you:
1. failure. personal, professional, you name it. it's been driving me since i was 12.
2. roaches. most bugs are ok -- i don't love bugs, but i can handle most. but the thought of creepy bugs that eat anything, can survive almost anything and multiply like rabbits just creep me the fuck out.
3. dependence. i don't like having to depend on people (i was raised by my mother to be very independent), which can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

Three of your everyday essentials:
1. computer w/ internet access -- i'm an e-mail/blog/news freak. i check my email(s)every 20 minutes, it seems, when i'm at work.
2. a cup of ice and a bottle of coke (with alarmingly increasing regularity). i was raised in a pepsi household. when did this happen?! but it is soooo good.
3. my ipod. before a week ago when haiku fucked up my ear buds -- she'd been eyeing them like a jealous older sister since i brought the baby home

Three things you are wearing right now:
1. black-rimmed glasses with tape on the end. i sat on them this week and haven't gotten to the eyeglass place. yes. i'm a fat ass. and sporting the nerdy look now.
2. my newsday badge. essential to get into and walk around my place of employment. i look like i'm high on my badge photo, but whatever.
3. light blue socks. they don't match what i'm wearing AT ALL, but i run out of good socks quickly. it was at the top of my christmas list to my mom!

Three of your favorite bands/artists at the moment:
1. coldplay, the perennial favorite, has been making a comeback; i've been listening to them nonstop in my car for the last two weeks.
2. bjork
3. mos def (more of the old school stuff than the recent stuff, altho that's cool too)

Three of your favorite songs at present:
1. lord help me, but snoop dogg, "drop it like it's hot"
2. coldplay, "the scientist" -- a beautiful song the video is so sad!
3. fiona apple -- "extraordinary machine" (it's a leaked track from her unreleased, seemingly never to be released album)

Three new things you want to do in the next 12 months:
1. go on vacation somewhere i haven't been before.
2. start investing.
3. finish the stitch n bitch book/become adept in all knitting techniques

Three things you want in a relationship:
1. sense of humor
2. attraction (gotta have that spark!)
3. space -- being an only child, i've gotta have me time.

Two truths and a lie:
1. i have 3 tattoos.
2. i was 6 when i got sick for the first time.
3. i had braces for 3 years.

Three physical things about the oppositesame sex that appeal to you:
1. eyes. gotta have pretty eyes.
2. booty... as i have a fine ass, i love a nice booty.
3. neck.. i was a vampire in a past life.

Three things you just can't do:
1. be ordered/organized
2. be patient.
3. do anything science-related (blecch)

Three of your favorite hobbies:
1. reading
2. writing
3. knitting
(i sound like a ball of fun, huh?)

Three things you want to do really badly right now:
1. leave work.
2. get all my christmas stuff done (shopping/wrapping/shipping)
3. have a niice margarita
4. the horizontal hokey pokey ;D

Three careers you're considering:
1. women's studies professor/author/guru
2. media mogul (focused on print media)
3. lottery winner

Three places you want to go on vacation:
1. egypt
2. france
3. japan
4. brazil

Three kids names:
1. ibis
2. michael
3. dora

Three things you want to do before you die:
1. write a book
2. have a child
3. get married and grow old with my partner (and have all the responsibilities and benefits that come with it)

FourThree people who have to take this quiz now or die painfully:
1. sheryl
2. naeemah
3. emerald
4. urs (even tho she hasn't even written 1 entry in her blog yet!!)